So we are at the end of the year and our minds are doing cartwheels just thinking about how to spend that bonus.
If you need some guidance, here are some tips on how to spend it:
- Buy something for yourself. You worked hard this year and deserve something for yourself. (Keep it cheap!)
- Buy something for that special person in your life who supported you during this tough year.
- Pay off some of that debt you have built up this year. South Africa is in an increasing interest rate cycle and you want to make your life easier in the New Year. Paying that little bit extra can help increase your monthly cash flow.
- If your employer did not make a contribution towards your retirement fund, we recommend that you do. There is never a beter time to invest for your retirement than now. Please let us know if you need assistance in this regard.
- Put some money aside for the additional holiday expenses.
- If there is anything left, invest in that savings plan that your Financial Adviser advised you on. If you do not have a Financial Adviser talk to us and we’d be happy to help.
We thank you all for the support during 2015. If you are on the road during the holidays, drive safely and look after your loved ones.
We wish you all the best for 2016.
Note that our offices will be closed from the 15th of December 2015 and will re-open on the 11th of January 2016.
If you do wish to contact us during the holiday times you can email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.